Re: LiveLooping on vinyl: Amy X. Neuberg in New York Saturday Night

todd reynolds wrote:
> The REAL reason I'm writing to the WHOLE list is that Amy let me in on
> a little secret.  She's going to actually make a vinyl record onstage,
> put it on a second victrola and actually do a little vintage
> live-looping on Vinyl.
> I thought that I shouldn't let the opportunity pass to let you all
> know.  Details below, I wish you well.. And if you go, tell us all
> about it!
> Also your own local anti-folk hero and discarded-technology geek Steve
> Espinola will join me for an experiment in live looping using archaic
> recording gadgets.
I was there and Amy was as fun as ever to watch and hear.  The
"experiment" as she called it went well, imo.  She played some sparse
chords on a tiny keyboard.  (Sort of Casio-like toy that she held in her
lap.)  She and Steve sang counter point while Steve cut the acetate on
an ancient Recordio.  Then they did the same song again singing
different parts and lyrics.  This was recorded on another acetate.  Then
both acetates were played on old Victrolas and miced hard left and
right, respectively, and synced by hand to make the final song.  The
acretates last for two plays and are then trash at that point.  I hope
that, since we only heard one play, that the second play is done in a
studio and recorded for a future Amy X. album.

Chef Geoff brought Amy a rose and some home made schnapps.  Howard
Moscovitz  (Mr. http://electro-music.com) and I drove in to the city
together.  I first saw Amy at electro-music 2005.

Cheers,

Bill