Re: buying new comp

would still be interesting, if the atari remains to have a better midi
timing, then todays interfaces. it was still like that in 98, when i
compared a ppc 7300 with the stf... phew, back then.
just for fun i compared the performance index of my pizmo (213) with
my ibook g4 1.2 (607) and my macbook 2.4GHz dual core (3112). isn't
that hilarious? while the unlisted ppc 7300/166 mhz must have had a PI
of about 60-80 i assume, that atari seems unreachably way down in the
stone age of computers, but it's midi was already groovy and stable.
compared to that then the zx81, which was my very first computer,
seems kind of precambrian. Mine had 8KB of RAM, ...yes, ...kilobyte...

now back to your new computer: it should be fast enough. enjoy it!

- - -
jayrope
http://www.kliklak.net

On Dec 14, 2008, at 12:56 AM,