LiveLooping on vinyl: Amy X. Neuberg in New York Saturday Night

To all my friends on the list...

I had dinner with my friends Amy X Neuberg and Joshua Fried in Brooklyn last night, and truth is, I'll be out of town by Saturday night, so I have to miss Amy's show at Roulette!

So I thought I'd ask you guys to go in my stead. I'm not only an Amy X colleague, but an Amy X Fan... (and you should see on youtube her latest work with the Cello Chixtet). BUT

The REAL reason I'm writing to the WHOLE list is that Amy let me in on a little secret.  She's going to actually make a vinyl record onstage, put it on a second victrola and actually do a little vintage live-looping on Vinyl.

I thought that I shouldn't let the opportunity pass to let you all know.  Details below, I wish you well.. And if you go, tell us all about it!

====================
Amy X Neuburg, voice and live electronics
"Old songs, new songs, and new approaches to old technologies"

Saturday December 13, 8:30 PM
ROULETTE
20 Greene St. (between Canal & Grand)
Reservations/tickets: (212) 219-8242
Admission $15 / Students & seniors $10
Venue info at http://www.roulette.org

Advance reservations recommended.

"Also of late I've gotten mixed up with these crazy European dudes who work with circuit-bending and homemade electronics. So as part of the Roulette show I'll be introducing my latest work-in-development "The Dude Trilogy" for voice and Blippoo Box -- a very cute analog synth created for me by Dutch instrument designer Rob Hordijk and operated using hand motions and a Theremin-like antenna.

Also your own local anti-folk hero and discarded-technology geek Steve Espinola will join me for an experiment in live looping using archaic recording gadgets.

And the rest of the show will consist of my solo classics and a few things you may not have heard. Roulette is one of my favorite places to play -- great acoustics and always a nice crowd. Please come by and say hello.

Love and xx -- a"