Re: slicing audio

Hi Nick

On Dec 5, 2008, at 4:50 PM, Nick wrote:

>  in the tutorial they use arrangement view, which seems to be a lot
> more flexible.

That's right, Arrangement view, if I don't use Live for a week I
begin to lose the vocabulary.
:-)

> however that requires me to drag clips one at a time
> into their own tracks in arrangement view and then delete them when
> done, a very awkward process. Is there a way to use the selection tool
> in the sample edit area?

The sample area, afaik, is not really a waveform editor except for
midi notes.
Are you trying to do this fast on the fly?
I was just thinking that the Arrangement view click/drag a least
allows you to load Impulse without opening an external editor.

You might leave an external editor toggled open in Live and drag
files to it for edit and then drag back to Live for insert.
Are you on a Mac?
There are tiny editors that might work without having to open huge
audio software.
Here is a small Loop Editor:
feed://www.audiofile-engineering.com/support/appcasts/le/1/index.xml

Must be something similar for PC.

Sorry, I don't know of any fast and elegant way -- the mother of
invention is calling to you.
:-)

regards

BobC