Re: slicing audio

On Dec 5, 2008, at 2:01 AM, Nick wrote:

> see no reason why I shouldn't be able to zoom in a bit (in the sample
> editor in session view), select the area I want, select a menu item or
> similar and poof - there's a new sample that I can drag into impulse.
> If someone could point me in the right direction for learning how to
> do this in live (perhaps a good tutorial site), that would be great.

There is a tutorial, I think it is part of the software package and
at the Ableton site, that shows how to create beats in Impulse -- I
think the .mov is called Beat Creation or Creating Beats --
where in session view you just select a sample from the waveform zoom
and then iirc, option/click drag it straight into Impulse, no sliders
or menus needed.

Or perhaps I do not understand your question.

:-)

BobC

http://tinyurl.com/yt8f8j  Flickr set

http://www.youtube.com/tynego