Re: effective mobius,mixer and soundcard routing

>> compact pro fx8  mackie  mixer then i go stereo out of the
>> mixer into my soundcard  and from  there straight into the
>> speakers.My soundcards fireiwre  out straight  into my
>> macbook and mobius.Everything is cool,except  when i pause my
>>  loops it sounds very abrupt and dry because there  is no
>> post  proccesing.I would like to therefore take avantage of
>>  my mixers eqs  and reverb to warmup the sound coming out of
>> the  soundcard before it  goes into the speakers.
>> this,is it possible  to  bring back the outs of the
>> soundcard back into the mixer  without  creating feedback?

Use another two channels on the mixer to take the soundcard output as
their inputs and insert some reverb. Just make sure those two channels
are routed to the speaker and not back into the soundcard's input,
because that would create some horrible feedback.

I use the same kind of rig, ie no post loop processing. However I play
my instruments through reverb, pre looper, and I would never do like
you are saying: simply pausing my loops. The way I do it is to play
something on my instrument as I pause my loops - in order to have the
reverb treated live sound mask the dry loop ending (loops are not
"dry" though, since lots of reverb are recorded as part of the loops,
but that even makes it sound more odd when you simply mute them
without covering up on the live instrument)

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)