Re: song uploaded for sharing: "The Yogi and the Commissar"

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> crazy name...  ;-)
> How did you perform the percussive sounds? Via midi keyboard & samples?
> Buzap

Great that you asked, because I just remembered this recent discussion
here regarding "synthetic" versus "sampled" sound. This percussion is
a bunch of sampled sounds. I simply penned the rhythm patterns
directly on the screen, using the mouse. Reworked some old beats I
found as MIDI sequences and made them fit in with the played and
looped instruments.

Great drum samples, isn't it! The sampler is Logic's Ultrabeat. It
seems sounds come out exceptionally punchy and crisp from UltraBeat.
But here I couldn't mix the percussion louder because of the other
melodic instruments battling all over, so the drums and gongs doesn't
really come out to its fullest flavor.

Per