Alternate Guitar Tunings (OT)

In the time ca. "SAUBER! - Das Geheimnis der Geschwindigkeit" (2001)
'til "Neinnein auf dem kleinen Weg" (2004), I used a (bass) guitar
(Tune Gap 6) tuned a-e-b-f#-d-a (the upper a being below a normal
guitar's b string). This basically is a guitar tuning with inverted
intervals (fifths instead of fours and minor 6th instead of major
3rd), and expands the range of the instrument by one octave.

I did a similair inverted lute tuning on my B2AF (bass paddle
fretless), tuning it d-a-f-c.

A word of caution, though: on instruments with a very acoustically
conductive body/neck (like it is the case with the Tune), the stronger
coupling with 5th compared to 4ths leads to stronger resonances
between the strings - a workaround is the use of per-string
processing.

As for bass guitar tunings with looping content, be sure to check out
http://www.manthing.com/tunings.htm

                  Rainer