Re: Moronic question

Quoting samba - <sambacomet@hotmail.com>:

> Playing a marimba or vibes sample with one
>  finger of each hand  gets much closer to the feel of two mallets
> than you can with one hand playing the same part.

Yes, indeed!  A huge aspect of "replicating" real instruments is to
consider how the real instrument is played.

In particular, when playing percussion samples, to play them with the
"two finger" method imparts a visceral feeling to the music.
Quantized/programmed material produces a more "objective/mechanized"
effect.   I use whatever approach gives me the effect that I want.