From: RICHARD SALES <richard@glasswing.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2008 10:33:38 AM
Subject: Re: OT : bass preamp

The bass pre amp most widely used in studios is the Avalon U5.  You can see it here:

http://vintageking.com/Avalon-U5

In the $500 ball park.  It's very very nice.

RICHARD SALES

On Nov 30, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Erdem Helvacioglu wrote:

hi,

i have just recorded 2 new albums with the american accordionist michael ward bergeman in london. for one of these albums i need to add some electric bass parts. at the moment, i do not have a bass preamp. do not have much info about rack bass preamps. what would you suggest for me to buy? a unit like bass pod or a tube preamp?

thanks and best regards.

Erdem Helvacioglu
www.erdemhelvacioglu.com
www.myspace.com/erdemhelvacioglu
"Altered Realities" album is out on New Albion Records:
chosen as"Album of the year 2007" by All About Jazz Magazine
www.newalbion.com/NA_CDS/NA131/NA131.htm
www.amazon.com/Helvacioglu-Altered-Realities-Erdem/dp/B000GFLE9A/sr=8-1/qid=1161162264/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0939524-3125629?ie=UTF8