Re: a moronic question

"The source of the sample would determine whether the sound being used
is synthesized or not, I'd guess.  I never found a way to
satisfactorily replicate Tablas, for instance.  .  I lean towards the
use of 'real' but then I'm a grumpy old fart to some"

"but, yes, for the purposes of common usage, sampling involves the use
of "real" sounds while synthesis, synthetic ones ;)"

seems best ta jump over on this thread, since its addressing some
issues relating to using samples.

The real/non real debate is long and deep one (expecially among
musicologists an pretty much all comes down to one word
"Authenticity". As a newbie looper i alsways tend towards creating
music with either samples that i have recorded myself and thus have
some memory fragment other that simply the sound etched in my
consiousness or better yet..sounds/ loops that i have played myself on
my own instruments, as this lends the music aspects of myself, which
most often however reveal my newbieness/got a lot to learn.
 So resorting to sampled sounds to add in the mix would lend a bit of
quality but...the "realness' or the "Authenticness of the samples ie.
the inclusion of as much playing nuances as possible in the samples is
important for the samples to sound authentic.

But we all know that the electronic dance music movement mushroomed
precicely because people liked the inhuman/inauthentic sounds.

In seeking for a sample library claiming to replicate an instrument
such as conga (with all the little nuances, slides, mutes etc. perhaps
the more expensive the better.
If i client wants "real" instruments but is not perared to pay them
(as in the case of the orchestra) the next level would be the most
sophisticated sample library of whatever instruments you desire to
compose with.

In my case, that would be percussion (I now know why there so few
percussionist/drummer live loopers respectively)

Ill repeat the question i asked earlier.
 If one is looking for a sample library with the most
"authenticity"/"realness" in sound, what library pack would you
recommend for your respective instruments (to open it up, but
percussionists?). or what company is in the lead-quality wise.

Respect
Byron