Re: Urgent EDP Help Required!

A sad update....

With the advice of Travis Hartnett (thanks TH!) I looked into reseating the EPROM/SIMMS, and found some old archive discussions from La Fosse about this very procedure...

So I dug out the contact cleaner, pulled em all out (even some IC's near the EPROMS which I should probably left alone..no matter)...I tried power on again with SIMMS repatche, again after reseating the EPROMs, with no cables whatsoever connected.....AND....

Nothing.....that is to say, no change from before, just weird non-complete boot behaviour and 8's displayed everywhere... :(

I'm at a loss with options now; indeed is there any other thing I can try? The only other question is if I were to upgrade to Loop VI (as I've always planned to but always seemingly put off to buy some other piece of kit) would this solve the problem or is this issue more terminal?

Anxiously waiting for some good news from those of you more experienced in such things:(

thanks again,

dan

Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now.