VIDEO LOOPING PROJECTORS recommendation needed

Kevin wrote:
"Also, don't forget to factor the cost of replacement bulbs.  They can
run upwards of $400 or more depending on your projector.
I read of review of that Epson which said the bulbs are only $200 which
isn't bad."

The Epson Powerlite S5, as it turns out, has an
energy-efficient #-TORL lamp that last up to 4000 hours.
 That's enough for an entire lifetime of shows for me so bulb
replacement is not a hell of
a huge deal.    Additionally,  it only weighs 5.8 pounds and is
available for $500 which is really inexpensive compared
to most I've seen.  It looks attractive to me.

Are there any detractors?

Is 800 X 600   a big enough screen resolution or is that sort of standard?

***********************
***********************

.......and,  to answer Per's response about renting equipment instead of
buying it:

We don't have as much centralized equipment rentability as you seem to
have in
Stockholm, unfortunately.    The really good stores
are in San Jose which involved an hour and a half of driving which just
is not practical.

Additionally,  renting a sound system and a video projector and screen
for a gig
would run into several hundred dollars a gig which is just untenable
financially.

I think that gigs may pay much more money in Sweden than in Northern
California where
they,   well.........................don't pay at all if you are doing
anything creative and out of the box.

So,  thanks for the advice but it's just not regionally appropriate, I"m
afraid.

energy-efficient E-TORL lamp that lasts up to 4000 hours.<BR>