Re: New Vimeo Group

wow, beautiful!

I started rather silently because I wanted to be ready with a nice
collection and a concept for it all.
then Icaue was born and I forgot about everything ;-)
but one thing he pointed at these days: we should put out what we
learned and recorded, organized, in a way that it helps listeners!

I want to create categories or "livelooping styles" to simplify the
understanding of our very versatile musical language. danger is that
someone listens to one kind of livelooping and thinks he does not like
livelooping, while it may but just that kind... there are many
interesting mixes between the extrems "trivial" and "random" :-)
I actually started years ago with livelooping.org and did not go on,
because I did not want to be the leader of it and on one else took the
job either. but now I am willing to work on that.
and since the net changed and video is big, it makes sense to have a
livelooping branch on every channel, so far youtube, vimeo and
myspace...
I would love to get some help from people with more experience with
those channels.

the group we both started is also a discussion place, or should it be
a forum at livelooping.org or ...?
in some spot we should show the listeners what is possible and how
this music is interesting for them - which brings up the delicate
question whos work we emphasize as strong examples.
in a different spot we exchange about art, artforms, looping styles
and tips to build the music - which is what we do here on LD, but the
result does not become available to anyone easily enough - which has
been discussed several times here already... good information is
filtered, in a responsible way... and audio and video supported.

so far my state, spontaneously. apart from this, I should finish the
EDP emulation plugin and update my site...
... and Icaue seduces me to just look at him... :-)

Matthias