Re: New CD Project - Looking for a Partner

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:13 AM, Krispen Hartung
<info@krispenhartung.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a CD concept I want to do. For a few years now, I  have had this
> concept of how to make avant-garde music more appealing to the common
>crowd.
> I realized that in many cases the key to getting people hooked initially
>is
> rhythm.

Thrilling idea - I wish I had time to take part! I took on a related
concept a couple of years ago, for a recording released as the album
Ooohh... But I did not single out rhythm in particular back then, but
was rather using the simple form structures of pop to organize weird
instruments and sound ("avantgard playing") in time. In order to not
being trapped in "experimental composing" I focused on first-take
recording and improvisation. Looping was the technical solution that
made it possible.

I'm listening a lot to DJ sets these days and it's interesting how a
good DJ can crate a true "story-telling vibe" by playing back other's
music. This is the next dimension, that I left out with Ooohh..., the
long periods of emotional development in the music. These longer
periods can happen behind faster "pop format" arrangements as well, so
a combination is fully possible.

What I would like to do next - whenever I get the time for it - is to
create music that balances four parts: weird playing, story-telling
musical qualities, pop-style format thinking and DAW techno oriented
production and sound design. I had a chance to try out these ideas
briefly when doing the remix  http://www.myspace.com/klaperemixed (2.
Skoro Sam Se Junak Ozenio...)

--
Greetings from Sweden