RE: echoplex questions

Are you guys using EDP foot controllers or midi?

I have no experience with midi, so ignore this advice if that's your
method.

On the EDP controller, I sometimes get the same result; the loop will keep
playing, but I can't overdub and cycle numbers appear with each additional
push of Overdub.  When this happens, I do one of two things:

1} finish playing the piece that is using the loop, end by hitting Record,
then hit Undo.  Normally, this will return to regular operation, but not
every time.  If it fails, then

2) reboot the EDP.  This will restore it to normal record/overdub operation
in my experience.

I have not used the function that gives C-1 etc, but it seems to be
counting
cycles when in this mode.  Hopefully someone on the list with more
experience with deeper EDP ops can chime in here.

If you are using the foot controller, I heartily recommend BEFORE YOU POWER
UP THE EDP, manually tap all the buttons ten or twenty times.  I have had
much fewer problems with incorrect response to commands since I started
doing this.  DO NOT DO IT WHILE THE EDP IS POWERED UP, OR YOU WILL RESET
YOUR VALUES AND PARAMETERS IN A WAY THAT WILL REQUIRE A FAIRLY LENGTHY
REPROGRAMMING ON THE GIG.  Voice of experience...

dave

That's been happening to me lately, too, and I am not sure what I'm
doing to enter that state nor how to get out of it!

--

David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com