Re: mobius question

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 9:40 PM, L.Angulo <labaloops@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ok,lets make thing easier first man sorry for not describing it clear
>enough, so lets forget the "next track" for now.
> I just want to assign track 1,track 2,track 3,and track 4 in my
>FCB1010,piece of cake no problem.But what i really want is when i push
>the track 1 button i want to start recording and end recording with a
>second  press just as if it was the record button.Now i want to be able
>to do exactly the same things in all other tracks.The old script that
>Jeff sent me
> !name Record 1
> for 1
> Record
> next
> works indeed but when i write the same script for track 2
>
> !name Record 2
> for 2
> Record
> next
>
> It does record in track 2 as well but then the white border around the
>track is not shown which throws me off!

Ahh..... I see! You also want to select the track, not just Record to it!

> so if we get that working ill be happy for now.I actually wanted to do
>it  more economically,just with the
> next track function but the problem was that with the script u sent me,
>if i wanted to end recording with a second
> press i would start re-recording over that same track again and again,
>in other words,it would record,it
> would choose the track,it would show the white border,but i could not
>end recording on the tracks with a
> second button press,u know what i mean?

Yes, I know what you mean. You have to end Record mode by a simple
Record (or Overdub, Multiply, Reverse or whatever you're up to next).
If you want to use the same script to end record mode by Record we
have to use an "if" line and set up two alternatives in the script:

______________
!name Select Track 4 and Record

if mode=record
Record
else
Track 4
Wait last
Record
endif

 ______________

With this script you kick pedal 4 and track 4 is selected and the
recording starts. Then you kick pedal 4 a second time to stop
recording and close the loop.... or you kick Overdub, Reverse or any
other ending you may prefer.

The only problem, that I don't understand how you will deal with, is
that if you have 8 tracks you almost fill up one bank on the FCB with
eight track unique Record pedals - and you have no fast access to
alternative endings of Record mode (Reverse, Overdub, Multiply, Speed
etc etc).

You could save up a lot of foot pedals buy using a script to "go next
track and record if nothing is already looping there". You could even
broaden such a script to go into Overdub (or any other) mode if the
next track already has a loop spinning. Like this example:

 ______________
!name Next Track And Record

if mode=record
Record
else
NextTrack
Wait last
Record
endif

 ______________

With this script on a foot button you can just step ahead and fill up
as many tracks as you need with the first one-round loop. The you make
room on the FCB pedal for an Undo button, Overdub and everything else
you may need. Just an idea, you chose whatever you need for your
specific music.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen