Re: cheap looping AU plugin

Cool. To play with others you need a quick way of adjusting your
loop/loops to a changing tempo. This can be done on two ways:
- Retriggering the loops.
- Deleting everything and make up a new loop on-the-fly (that goes
better with what the band does at the moment)

I know Mobius does both brilliantly and I think SooperLooper does too.
One trick when looping with a band is to not use a lot of parallel
loops but overdub many layers into the same loop. Then you are always
just one butt-kick from jumping back on track (kick Record to erase
and make a new better loop). Set up a pedal for instant retrigger of
the loop, with that you can adjust the loop start and keep a loop a
little longer even though the other guys have stretched the tempo.

Augustus Loop has a punch-in function as well (check the manual). It
doesn't have a Multiply function like the EDP context but you can get
around changing the loop length rather smoothly if starting by setting
the Sync to 1/32. This one goes up to 1/1 and that means a much longer
loop than the first one you catch live by the punch-in method.

Per