Video essay on Y2K8

Folks hello.  I had the honor to appear with Daryl in our Chinapainting duo for the second time at the recent Y2K Loopfest in California.  It was a wonderful and inspiring time and this year I was pleased to be there longer, from Saturday mid eve through the Sunday evening's conclusion.

During that time I photographed almost everyone.  On return home as I've been doing a lot of video work of late decided to take the photos to video and produce a work out of it.  Due to low-fi digital cam and shooting avail light most of the shots are more 'light smears' than sharp (I know never blame the tools!) and are nowhere near the art of Mark Hamburg's documentation but they did convey the motion, sense of spirit and impetus I felt for this piece.  Thanks to Rick's field recording, our CP set was captured and I used a piece from it for the soundtrack.  As I said this is "almost" everyone, I did inadvertently miss Ryusei Hattori, Lindsay Walker, Peter Condor and Dan Stolzberg's sets that occurred during my time, my apologies to them.

Though this was "still photography" I did attempt some unique things to make it more visual as well as experimental in scope particularly in the latter edits.

Here are the links from the postings on Vimeo and YouTube.  Feel free to promo at your discretion.  Also posting the Flickr link of the stills...

On Vimeo - http://www.vimeo.com/2124308
On YouTube - URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9gfCSdn7nQ
On Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/gp/14736454@N04/1Q703Y

Those of you on the list that were at Y2K this year it was so great to connect, hear, capture some of you for this piece and introduce Chinapainting if we were new to you.

Regards and happy fall/winter

Jim

--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com