Re: OT: slow HD+Logic (was: upgrading my MacBook)

 Nov 19, 2008, at 7:07 AM, Buzap Buzap wrote:

> [...]

That error message is a known Logic issue. What you can do is to
generally go through the preferences settings and change them for the
least CPU demanding alternative all over. Try a bigger buffer, turn
off Software Monitoring, set ReWire behavior to "Playback Mode (Less
CPU) etc etc.  Also make sure you have the ReWire functionality set to
the low cpu usage alternative. And make sure you don't have a lot of
plug-ins open on hidden busses or channels that are not visible in the
arrange window (and maybe then also not in the mixer, due to your
mixer settings).

I have rarely had any problems with that error message although I work
with Logic at least every second day. But I have read on Logic fora
that some people see it quite often.

It makes no sense to move the Logic library content data somewhere
else, as someone suggested. Unless you are short of disk space of
course, but then you're fried anyway. OS X generally demands a lot of
free disk space in order to keep the system at good performance.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)