Echoplex Issues

Help!
For some time now, I have been having an increasingly frequent problem with my Echoplex Digital Pro Plus.
When I step on the next loop function, it activates the undo instead. You can imagine what a nightmare this is live!
I do use 3 homemade pedals but I have changed both the switches and the resistors. This happens from all 3 pedals I have on stage. Does anyone know why this would be happening? I would rather not reset this unit but I will if a factory reset will solve it?
--
Bones
www.bonesdrums.com