Re: Re> OT: new macbook rant

hey there,

my recommendation is to buy applecare.

i've owned an ibook, 2 powerbooks, 2 macbook pros...

maybe i'm unlucky, but EVERY SINGLE ONE, suffered catastrophic
hardware failure AFTER the one year warranty. in some cases also
during the first year, but that would be covered.

the failures were, on different machines:

- logic board failure - 3
- pixel death - 2
- hard drive - 1
- warped case - 1

in every single case, i called AppleCare. no questions asked they
overnighted a box to my house and had the repaired machine shipped to
me, wherever i was, within a week. in one instance they just replaced
the computer because if you have 3 hardware failures on one machine,
they replace it (as they should for cryingoutloud!!).

so i always buy AppleCare, even though it is expensive, and even
though yes it bothers me to pay for insurance to protect against
THEIR failing equipment...but when my computer dies, whatever. i NEED
IT FIXED NOW and its nice not to worry about it.

my 2 cents as a longtime mac user...zoe