Re: Instant Composition

Raul Bonell schrieb:
> i usually approach things on the contrary way.
> it works better for me.no counterpoint. no theme, neither variations.
> even no bach at all. i had enough while studying piano.

You must have had a teacher who didn't force you to listen, but forced
you to do something. That really can kill all the fun in music...

All what you say above is not a contradiction to form btw...
The main point of Xenakis versus all these serial rule based composition
  methods was to point to the form, and not to the rules applied to
musical events...
The rules are the tools, and the frame to place music in. The music
itself is something else...
Composing is thinking about a form, just being aware of it. In the end
you can't avoid it, at least in composition, as every piece has a
beginning and an end...

I guess my "Namensvetter" Stefan called his tool Kenaxis because he
thinks that Xenakis ideas are an essential contribution to composing
music, as well as to improvisation...

I agree whole heartedly...

Stefan

--