Rythm versus Pulse (was Loop sw with varispeed & example clips)

mark francombe schrieb:
> which someone is dubiously" calling "polyrythmical".
>
> I guess we posted at the same time here, Per.. oops sorry... Im sure you
> are NOT being dubious about you use of the word polyrithmik..
>
> BUT... your clips, nice sounding as they are.. BTW.. do actually prove
> my point... they are predominately UN-rhythmic in the first place, more
> of the ambient bed type, sound..

Here we could start a discussion about rhythm versus pulse. I'd say
every pulse is a rhythm, but not every rhythm has a pulse. Thus it
remains rhythmical...

Any music has a rhythm I'd call it the sense of time, the way we
perceive that a musical event has its correct time. Even my definition
of groove would include that.
If you ever listened to good free jazz drummers, I'd say they play a
groove without a pulse...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------