Re: RC-50 vs. Laptop Setup: cost comparison

I didn't mean to use it for dynamics:) Sorry I should have been more
clear. Just some way to have the microphone only on when I playing so
noise doesn't build up in the loops, and the sound from other loops
get recorded into your current loop. I was thinking if there was some
way to only have the mic recording when you play instead of the mic be
on for the entire length of the loop regardless if your playing or
not. I figure it won't completely solve the problem but keep it to a
bare minimum. I know a pickup would solve the problem instead of a mic
but I already went through that whole adventure:) I tried lots of
piezo pickups and sent them all back.They all sounded awful on my
bass. Playing pizz would sound fine but arco sounded like a was
playing a power tool:) The closest thing to a usable tone was using an
akg c 411 like Zoe uses but that picked up too many rattles inside my
instrument. I play on a really old instrument and throughout the
seasons and change of humidity you can get all kinds of noises. They
aren't heard in the room but a contact mic against the body picks them
up real well:) I think the best solution would be an electric upright
bass because there are some that sound good playing with the bow but
that's way out my price range at the moment. A volume pedal might work
but I'm playing double bass sitting down so I just have to figure out
how many foot/expression pedals I can realistically hit with my foot
while holding a double bass and sitting:)

Todd