RE: Loop software with varispeed

I'm a bit delayed in getting in on this topic. Though I still have a
Repeater, I hardly use it these days and though the time stretch features
and pitch shift capabilities are really cool, I actually don't miss using
the Repeater because ultimately,  it's well documented shortcomings
outweighed its features. I like having different track speeds, and I do a
lot of that on the Lp-1. That being said if the LP-1 hadn't come along I'd
probably still be using the RPTR, grainy sound, weird time stretch issues ,
and all. It is a unique animal.  Perhaps having other intervals besides
octaves would be cool, perhaps any interval within an octave? I'm just not
sure how much use that feature would be for me personally. One thing I
found
with CC control of pitch or track speed that I believe Mark F. mentioned is
it is a cool gimmick, Key word being "Gimmick". How many times can you end
song with it sounding like someone turned the record player off? That being
said , the ability to record a track at 120 BPM and drop it to 10bpm can
result in some startling artifacts.  I did like being able to control the
Repeaters tracks pitch shifting from my guitar synths arpeggiator, but even
that had limitations as far as what kinds of loops and note choices I could
use that wouldn't just sound like noisy  chaos. I also don't miss dragging
my guitar/synth to gigs any more. When I first got the looperlative I set a
CC expression pedal to control track speed and I could achieve cool
artifact
laden pitch bends by leaving the LP-1 in overdub while I rocked the pedal
back and forth. I haven't done it in a while but as long as you back off
the
feedback so as not to overload the track, you can create some cool pitch
bending noise with this technique. As far as pitches I'd, use octaves
,4ths,5ths, and 2nds. As far as time stretch. It would be cool to be able
change pitch without changing tempo like the Repeater could, accessible via
midi note and hopefully with user definable tonal center. The repeaters
three octave range radiated out from middle C, with two octaves below and
one octave above.  I'd like to be able to user define which note on the
keyboard is acting as the tonic. Does that make sense? So whats up your
sleeve Andy?
 Bill