Stanford Laptop Orchestra (SLOrk): Musical Macs

Date: November 14, 2008 12:33:39 PM HST
Subject: Stanford Laptop Orchestra (SLOrk): Musical Macs
Source: Apple Hot News

An ensemble of student computer scientists and musicians, the Stanford Laptop Orchestra uses 20 MacBook computers to compose and perform new music. “We tilt the notebook and use its built-in accelerometer to expressively control sound. We use the trackpad as a kind of violin bow,” explains Ge Wang, SLOrk’s founder. ”You can make some wild, diverse music with the MacBook.”Read more…