RE: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V08 #886

 "So , I am of the opinion that when working in a spontaneous/improvised
fashion, most musicians cannot consciously think and compose in both
time and frequency domain at the same time"

I think this is only true of musicians whose training/culture are steeped in this sort of
Cartesianism. But for those who's
episteme doesn't require that seperation ,it's a nonissue. I dont beleive anyone could play Classical Indian Tabla
and not deal with both rhythmic and melodic composition, in realtime .That's the very nature of the music ,and the instrument.