Re: check out the KBow!

Per Boysen schrieb:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 8:57 PM, info at zoekeating
> <info@zoekeating.com> wrote:
>
>> Watch the 2nd video on this page, of Janos Negyesy using the KBow
>> to loop. http://www.keithmcmillen.com/
>
> It seems to trig accurately.

Yes he is using the gesture with the bow as a slow $4000 switch. I guess
a footswitch would be more accurate...

> But the video demonstrations of Filter Sweeps was a bit odd. Did
> anyone understand that one? I really couldn't make out in what way he
> did play the filter sweeps? Musically it sounds more as if he is not
> controlling the filter sweeps at all, from what I could tell by
> watching his moves on the instrument.

He probably was controlling it indirectly. But as the movements of the
bow are bound to the way he is playing, there is no independent control.
Also in this case a footpedal would deliver more control than that
technically sophisticated toy...

I've seen work like that at IRCAM. They controll physical models with
bow sensors. I think it would only be interesting for this kind of
stuff. But that requires quite a bit of knowledge to implement it in an
interesting way...

doc rossi schrieb:
 > Now if we could just get something like that worked out for a
 > flatpick...

Years ago I got a computer game with a pick. It had a cable attached to
the pick which would go into a serial port of a PC. I never got to use
it though...

Stefan

--
Stefan Tiedje------------x-------