'soft clicking' sound on my EDP

I have an Oberheim EDP w/Loop 4, which was overhauled and updated by
British
Audio Electronics right around the time they started coming out with the
blackface Gibson ones. I am using it in the aux send of my Mackie 1202VLZ,
like I always have, and tonight I am noticing a 'soft click'...kind of a
'bump' in through the audio outs. This happens when I go into overdub, and
to a lesser extent, when I start recording too. I can record a 'blank' loop
(no audio), and you hear it when I first hit record, and then when I hit
overdub. The clicking isn't recorded in the loop. It happens if I trigger
the EDP via MIDI or with the front panel. Anyone ever experience this? Any
resolution? Anything I can try?

dave eichenberger
www.daveeichenberger.com