Re: Rhythmic Randomness vs. Melodic Randomness

I confess I haven't been following the thread so I'm sure this isn't what
anyone's been getting at, but the subject does bring to mind one of the
things I like best about some of my favorite drummers. It's not randomness
at all, per se, but just the quality of the unexpected that occurs when
someone like Elvin Jones or Bill Bruford places an accent in the least
likely of spots. An off-time syncopation dropped into an otherwise
rock-steady drum part, just to catch you off guard...

Back to lurking,

-t-

http://www.myspace.com/nimbletunes
http://cdbaby.com/all/timnelson