Re: Re> OT: new macbook rant

For a Powerbook I bought long ago it took me almost exactly one year
to afford the insurance. So I took the insurance in the eleventh hour
and then happily used it for almost two more years. One week before
the third year was to end I took it to a repairing service house
because I had not been able to use the network port for months. Now,
the network port was part of the motherboard and they  put in a brand
new motherboard in it for me, at no additional cost! That is a nice
story :-))

A less nice story is a G5 I bought and since it was built as a tank
and no one had ever heard about any problems with the model (except
for the graphic card in the early build, but I got a new graphic card
within the first year when the insurance is always valid) I didn't
think I would have to let go of money for a protection plan. Then the
mother board died and I had to pay for it myself because it was my
working computer and I run my own freelance business. :-( Dammit - I
should have bought the AppleCare for that one as well!