Re: Loop software with varispeed (sounding example clips)

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:01 AM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:

> Sorry if this is getting micro-anal, here, but Im kinda into this... I
> routinely sequence my repeater and edp against each other, and use the
>edp
> clock to change the rate on the repeater, to do this.

yep, I did exactly that with EDP/Repeater in the past.

> Unfortunately the R
> aint always spot on (when its finaly found its correct speed... but...) I
> guess I come up with some fucking cool polyrythyms!!

I wouldn't like to compare the Repeater with the exactness made
possible by software and varispeed (as opposed to the Repeater's
pitch-shift with time-stretch values applied, which takes ages to
calculate and results in that sloppy-sounding ritardando, always being
the last guy to catch up). But I must say that I like that slow
inexactness of the Repeater. Quite often it sounds cool to me, and if
not - be quick to delete the loop or kick Undo!

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)