Re: Loop software with varispeed

I'm not a software dude, but varispeed is my most prized tool in
looping, from the Digitech PDS to my current tape setup. I wish I had
the ability to slow all the way down to subsonic pitch, and all the
other way to hypersonic too. I'm now looking for a Hiwatt tape echo
(anyone tried one?) since it includes foot-controlled ability to affect
tape speed.

Mark and Per mentioned slew, which I think is a fantastic thing and if I
were to go to software I'd lobby hard for control over it. I use the
half/reg/double tape speed switch on my four-track to get octave jumps,
and I love the sound of the machine ramping up or down to the new pitch.
My previous machine (Yamaha) had an especially slow and dramatic slew
when shifting down, and I miss it terribly.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com