Re: Articles on Live Looping as Compositional Tool

> Per, you said:
>
>> Rick and I were the only ones that "improvised with structured blocks"
>and [...] the daily magazine came out with a review that mentioned
>exactly that
>> "Per Boysen's live looped ambience music with layers over layers of
>> sax- and flute melodies was a real experience, and it was obvious that
>he is utilizing the electronics as his personal expression without being
>a slave to the technology." [...]
>> So this journalist had obviously felt the longer time bows Rick and I
>were improvising with

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Rainer Straschill
<moinsound@googlemail.com> wrote:
> At the risk of appearing not to understand what everyone else does:
> how is it possible to extract from that review that the journalist had
> felt the longer time bows and was able to tell that you improvised
> with structured blocks, instead of just jamming?
>
>           Rainer

By "educated guessing" based on the fact that we were doing more of
that compared to many other acts that were very good in my opinion.
But you can of course never be sure about how other people think and
experience music. It might as well be that this journalist doesn't
like electronics and thinks that "only the use of melodies may be
regarded as music"... or some other hang-up he had about something.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)