Re: OT: new macbook rant

I don't have any good local suggestions (SF, if that is your current
locale), but search "mac repair" on yelp.com and you'll have some
numbers to call and get what you need.
If you get it mail order, OWC is always a good place to get things:
<http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/1394B6912C/>
or newegg:
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?
Submit=ENE&N=40000001&Description=firewire%20400%20800&name=Cables>