Re: OT: Zoom H4 bass response

> Was it turned up real loud at the gig? Maybe that made it difficult to
> judge.
> How loud was the gig? If it was very loud, your inner ear will compress,
> and you won't necessarily be able to tell. The microphone, on the other
> hand, does no such thing. ;)
> I wonder if the H4 have picked up resonance amplification from the
> table. Perhaps seating it on a piece of foam to isolate it would help?
yeah, it was pretty loud. i don't do sound a whole lot, but when i'm
doing a band that plays loud i like to give them as much volume as i can
without compromising clarity or bursting eardrums(as in my own). i
haven't had any previous negative feedback and usually get compliments.
even this gig, people came up after and said it sounded good. this is
the first loud gig i've done that's been recorded, so, are everyone's
inner ears compressing and we all think it sounds great when really, the
recording is evidence of what's actually going on?
any tips for mixing a high volume performance?

a resonating tabletop sounds plausible too. i'll take care to isolate
the h4 next time.

thanks,
shayne