Re: semi-OT: Operating Systems

I probably sound like an apologist for Microsoft, but these days Vista
is fine. I still prefer XP, but it's not worth the trouble of removing
Vista, it works comparably to XP (provided drivers of course).

The exciting thing in Vista for audio users is WaveRT audio drivers,
which provide much better latency (around 2ms!) than anything on XP,
MacOS or Linux. Unfortunately, they don't seem to exist for most
hardware and software applications yet. If Ableton added WaveRT
support, it would be very cool.

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net