Slighty OT but some music some looping

There must be something in the water the last few days on LD as several folks around here are delving in or promoting their video involvement and so I follow suit.  Over the last year I've been learning digital editing after doing it with 3/4 analog decks during the 80's and then got away from it till these binary days.  Though several things done thusfar are showcases of performances I've been shooting off and on some ideas that are more documentary in scope.  One to come is an expose on my neighborhood in Brooklyn but a current one that I'm putting out there involves the shooting of a video game tournament last March that I attended in support of my son on the release of the much-awaited Wii Brawl.  That night I really got into the 'fan' interaction and the footage had remained to go through until this recent surge of interest which I partially credit to inspiration from Mark Francombe.

So this piece on the Brawl evening is viewable at http://www.vimeo.com/2199917.  I improvised the music live to the footage once I finished the editing (which was done in Premiere).  It's two channels of my oud going through a Digitech distortion patch.  The 2nd channel was a short loop I setup on the EHX 2880.

I have a video/photo essay coming to the Vimeo page that I did on Y2K but am still awaiting permissions before posting publicly.  There is a reworking of an earlier video we posted from the 5 Knaves evening this past August as well as a video on a cooking class I participated in this summer that the only tie here other than tortillas would be that the music is a Chinapainting piece.

Thanks for looking if you look.

Jim

--
The Acoustic World Guitar of Jim Goodin  - http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com