RE: Line 6 M-13 and continuos controllers

Thanks Andy, how's the better half? Lovely Now in answer to your questions.
I have been using a Duncan Twin Tube for the last couple of years. It was
actually a wedding gift to me from the former sales manager at Seymour
Duncan who I have developed a relationship though some beta test work I did
for them, and NAMM demoing when Duncan launched is DTAR company with Rick
Turner a few years back.. Really great people at Duncan , Cathy Duncan is a
lovely woman and very down to earth. Seymour is a pickup God and they have
great design team. The Twin Tube uses two 6021 subminiature tubes running
at
high voltage. It has great dynamic range , two channels, and ranges from
clean boost to crunch, to all out Gilmour style distortion wail. It doesn't
do extreme metal distortion,  they have a Twin Tube Mayhem pedal for that.
I've owned many overdrives. Tube screamers, Koln centaurs, early chandler
tube drivers Keeley modified  pedals, full tone overdrives etc.. What I
like
about this pedal is it doesn't exaggerate the mid range response or
sacrifice any low end or top end to do so. It cleans up very nicely when
backing the volume knob off, is very touch responsive  and most importantly
is sounds great while giving me two extremely flexible channels. Its
versatility allowed me to pair down my stomp box board to just on overdrive
pedal. If it has any draw backs it would be the slight bit of microphonic
pinging that happens when I switch it on and off, but this is not something
you can hear while playing the unit, no matter how much gain you are
pushing. Also it needs its own 15 volt power supply so it can't be operated
by any multiple power supplies like the Voodoo labs pedal power. This
doesn't really bother me as the pedal sounds so good.
 As far as the M-13 goes, you can set it to behave like any other device
with a conventional save function or you can use the auto save function
like
I do. Because each effect you are using at a given time can be tweaked by
the corresponding knobs, it is so easy to tweak parameters on the fly that
don't worry about loosing a preset in this way. At any given time each
effect has only 5 parameter control knobs for tweaking so it's not like you
would have trouble reconstructing your setting if lost, or needing to page
through a long list of parameter functions. This thing is "Chimp" simple.
The reason I don't redirect to the list is I do like to respond sometimes
off list to people personally and from the last bit of shit I stirred up
with my, what I thought where off list comments, came back to bite me in
the
arse. Do you feel me brother???
Bill