New CD Releas: Kribophoric "Visceral II"

I am excited to announce my second release with my friend and percussionist, Robert Sterling, from Ventura, CA.

KRIBOPHORIC - "VISCERAL II"

Listen to sample MP3s or Buy MP3s individually: http://www.kribophoric.com/index.cfm?CFID=128224693&CFTOKEN=29820697

SONG LIST

Dance of the Electric Eels [4:55]
Figments of Time [5:42]
Confrontations [7:17]
Despicable! [4:22]
Freak Gene Dance [6:21]
Microworlds [7:01]
Giant Slots in Hyperspace [3:45]
Moving Structures [4:05]
Small Hairy Things [7:51]

This CD represents the culmination of a six-month collaboration between
drummer/percussionist Bob Sterling and electro-acoustic guitar player Krispen
Hartung. Spontaneously improvised files were exchanged on-line, each player
then responding to the previously recorded material. Sometimes just two tracks
were ultimately utilized, while at other times several tracks were layered via
further improvisations and then mixed in order to better balance the sound. The
spirit of the CD lies in it spontaneity, each artist attempting to 'get into the creative
head' of the other in order to develop compositions that reflect a mood, a setting,
or an implied situation. Bob used a number of acoustic and electronic devices to
fulfill his artistic intents, from acoustic and electronic drums to effect units,
samplers, his voice, mini synths, and even small objects like plastic straws and
twist ties. Krispen's instruments included mini electric and nylon string guitars,
nylon string guitar, voice and laptop computer. Bob and Kris continue to
collaborate this way and intend to release more CDs of their music on a periodic
basis in the future. Their first CD, "Kribophoric-Visceral," will be premiered at the
2008 Boise Experimental Music Festival (BEMF 3) and will be available from the
Paper Cuts Records website.

KRIBOPHORIC

KRISPEN HARTUNG: Mini electric guitar, mini nylon string guitar, nylon string
guitar, voice, laptop computer (max-MSP, Reaktor)

BOB STERLING: electronic and acoustic drums, misc hand percussion, voice,
looping devices, FX, synth, plastic straws and twist ties, and other found objects