Re: Line 6 M-13 and continuos controllers - and Line6 products in general (a little bit of whining)

I don't think this is particular to Line6.

Years ago I said that all looping devices had at least one unique desirable feature and were all inexplicably missing at least one other feature (feedback control was the usual candidate).

Multi-effects units seem to be the same way, and Lexicon/Roland/Rocktron/Yamaha units I've used all suffer from the same "Why didn't they do THAT?!" issue.  Bear in mind that the audience for these things tend to be conventional "non-experimental" (heh) musicians, who typically want to replicate a wide variety of already recorded tones or produce variations on those tones.  The old "80/20" rule of business applies here.

TH