Re: OT: QUESTIONS ANOUT LOW-FI DIGITAL VIDEO CAMS

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 12:49 AM, tEd (R) KiLLiAn <tedkillian@charter.net>
wrote:

> Anyone using one and also using a Mac to edit their video on?

Yep, I use iMovie. And only on my G5 that runs Tiger, not on the newer
Macs that run Leopard and above. The reason for this I share with many
other users I have spoken to; the old Tiger version of  iMove is much
simpler to get around with. I'd love to get into FCP, but doing it
just for the love of it would be a bit expensive. Maybe Apple will
trash the price tag for FCP as they did with Logic Pro Studio 8...

I have ImX too, that Mark mentioned, but I have not had the hardware
to make use of it in concerts yet. I've seen great ImX live MIDI video
performances at festivals and that was how I got to know about this
free Mac software (for real-time visualization of MIDI). I'd like to
build an ImX patch that visualizes the MIDI control events I'm sending
to the looper and effects, I guess that would be enough and also make
some communicative sense except for "simply looking good" which feels
a bit lame somehow.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen