Re: Line 6 M-13 and continuos controllers

all great ideas...

From the comments the M13 product dev manager has made in the Line 6 forums there might actually be some sort of advanced version...  AND no new features will be added to the current M13, just bug fixes. See the http://line6.com/M13 forum.

Also, I don't think there is or ever will be any way to add an extra expression pedal through midi. The only midi control available is the same as what is there as exp inputs. That part is a little disappointing, like I said... but... the thing is kind of awesome anyway. There is a typo in the advanced users guide saying that there is separate loop volume available through midi, but it's not true.

I've got midi clock sending from my RC-50 to the M13 tap tempo cc via a midi solutions product, "beat converter"... works great.

On Nov 8, 2008, at 9:34 PM, William Walker wrote:

Hi Teddy, what might be more likely to happen is a software revision or two because that is possible  but it would have to be done via midi data dump from a computer, which ain’t  no big deal.  Actually it would be easy to add another expression pedal via mid with a product from midi solutions called the pedal controller which could add an extra expression pedal via the midi in without having to add a big midi controller to one’s rig..  The cool new thing that would also work is hot hand has announced a midi controller that uses there hand gesture activated technology. Imagine being able to control feedback intensity by pointing your finger at some fine fine lady in the front row Oh yeh, but seriously the hand thing is intriguing to me, imagine controlling panning speed with the speed of your strumming?
Bill

From: Teddy Kumpel [mailto:teddybut@mac.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 4:33 PM
To: billwalker@baymoon.com
Subject: Re: Line 6 M-13 and continuos controllers

I agree Bill, I've been using the m13 for a couple of months now and it really is amazing. True that it doesn't have enough midi implementation or expression inputs, but I bet they come out with an m13 plus with more bells and whistles sometime in the next year.

You can hear a whole lot of m13 in action on the downloads page on my website.