Re: What's experimental?

Krispen said:
"For me, the term provided enough confusion and ambiguity that I
removed it from my festival and changed the name to the Boise Creative
and Improvised Music Festival.  Still uses problematic terms, but
easier for me to address."

You believe they are less problematic? I ran a group which worked on
freely improvised contemporary (electronic) dance music. In that
context, I found that the big majority of people see "improvised" as
synonymous with "Jazz". And for that reason, I think "experimental"
fits better for your festival (at least the way it was this year),
simply because there were more acts which the majority would put into
the "music that no-one likes" category than acts in the "jazz"
category.

                Rainer