From: "Mikkoz" <biffoz@gmail.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2008 11:27 PM
Subject: Re: What's experimental?

There's a book called "The Saturated Self", (I forget the author),
which explores the affects of the information explosion and postmodern
polyglot society.  There is a consequence of having anything and
everything available immediately—the dulling of newness, surprise and
our ability to find quality in the ever-growing mass before us.  The
book is probably 20 years old and seems prescient to me now.

As much as I love to explore my guitar, it's harder and harder to find
meaningful notes to play, what with electric guitar being used to sell
everything from hamburgers to barbie dolls.  The electric-jazz-rock
vernacular has been so co-opted that it feels more refreshing to me to
play folk music these days! (this is quite possibly a sad admission of
a personal failing)  8-)

I'm with Ted—howling at the moon when the spirit strikes.

--
Miko Biffle
Biffoz@Gmail.com