Re: Live vs Bidule

OH.. forgot to mention... I would very much prefer it if the program CAME as both mac and PC... Im currently thinking of going back to PC for music (just because my Mac is full, and I need that for video stuff - and I just got a new PC) BUT.. one day, when that big freelance film music project comes by I would like to buy a mutha- of a mac for serious recording and composing.

Mark

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 8:41 PM, Michael Peters <mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> in simple terms, what is the reason for you as a livelooper to use Ableton
> Live compared to programs like Audiomulch and Bidule? or vice versa, or does
> anyone use both?
>
> -Michael

In simple terms....

--> Live has
- a sequencer,
- exciting effect plug-ins,

--> Bidule has
- CPU saving ways of keeping huge fx patches at hand,
- Let's you run a plug-in looper as the sync master (1st loop set tempo)

Except for the above mentioned discrepancies I can not think about any
more things that these two applications do not already share. The both
offer routing (maybe Bidule takes a short lead here), mixing,
recording, plug-in hosting.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen