Re: What's experimental?

So if something like it has been done before it's not experimental? If someone just-tunes a piano, it's not experimental because LaMonte Young did it 40 years ago? I guess I understand, it's become so mainstream since then...

I remember 25 years ago thinking - "they should keep the experiments in the lab, and only release or perform it for the public when the results show success" (how that's measured is another story).

I'm not sure i agree with that still, but i'm not sure i don't.

Warren