Re: Obama

From: "Jeff Shirkey" <jcshirke@midway.uchicago.edu>
>> If you hate it that much come live in a country where you don't  quite
>> have the freedoms and rights you take for granted in the US.
>
> I thought you lived in the UK, not North Korea. lol

You only academically know the difference, so it must be lost on yez.

>> The characteristics rarely tell anything but the truth of it,
>> behaviourally.
>
> Sorry, but I have no idea what this means.

Think about it then.

>> How about the tear-stained people going on about how Obama would  solve
>> their gas bill problem?  What's that?
>
> Nor this...

It was a response to something you said.  Or have you forgotten already?
Do
your own research.

>> So you might be an educated idiot but I didn't call you one, did I?
>
> You did when you said I (and others) was (were) brainwashed.

Not the same.  You can be a doctor several times over and be brainwashed.
Being a very smart person doesn't in itself prevent that person from being
duped into such a state.

>> Your assumption that I would act like a Democrat following the 2000  or
>> 2004 elections is probably not more than a theoristic mistake.
>
> "theoristic"?

Academics rely on theories to describe the universe, more so when they
never
leave their offices.

>>   "Change"?  What change precisely can you refer to?
>
> The move away from Bush/Cheney's imperialism, for starters. Changes  in
> economic policy, health care reform...etc. etc. for another.

Imperialism?  In which handbook did you get such a term?  You use words
with
a cavalier disregard for their meaning.

>> Oh, it's so AWFUL in the US huh?  Like I said many times since  moving
>> the UK, every American should have the chance to be  deprived of his
>> liberties and freedoms, by the simple act of living  outside the US.
>
> It's not about liberties and freedoms. It's about trying to pay your
> mortgage, fear of losing your job, inability to get (or keep)
>healthcare,
> and a host of other things that matter in our day to day  lives.

And you blame Republicans for all of the above?

> By the way, who gives a fat frog's ass about Scientology? I sure  don't.
> Go fight your way against those people who are also  (apparently) trying
> to take away your precious freedoms, freedoms  which are already
> (apparently!) under assault in the UK! lol Leave  those of us who are
> grounded in reality back here in the US of A  alone to celebrate our
> victory. Thanks!

You don't seem to be able to leave the keyboard, O Celebrating One.