Re: Obama

I've lived outside the US, and in it.  I'm in it now and have been for awhile.

US has freedom in some areas others don't.  It doesn't in some areas where others do.  Does anyone in any society have true freedom?  Of course not, that's anarchy (i am placing no judgement positive or negative on anarchy, simply saying government and anarchy are directly opposing concepts).

There's a lot wrong in this country (the US).  There's a lot wrong in other countries.

Why can't people stop arguing about who has it worse and put that energy into doing what they can?

And since we're all election styled today.... I'm one of those swing voters.  I always vote for measures, but very rarely for politicians (2 fuckers is not a choice).  I did vote for Obama this year (almost just didn't vote, but fuckit, I'm not going to be that jaded), and no I'm not an obama zombie (god portland oregon has a lot of them.  they act to him like the other side did to bush for years... man can do no wrong...)  I figure getting a minority in office is good for the people and where their minds move.  Getting someone a bit younger in office than usual is good for a fresher perspective (since the old one is clearly quite stale).  And, if you believe what he says... and recognize he is only one small part of a big government organization (meaning he can try to do whatever, doesn't mean it will happen)... it could be okay.  Not great.  Not super change.  Not jesus christ saviour that some are trying to say.

Then again, I don't know if I believe what he says.  I am willing to wait and see, though.

And yes folks, the country is not in great shape, but it could very easily get worse.  Still could.  I'll take things day by day.

Nevyn Nowhere
http://www.happyhumans.org
Sad Music for Happy Humans

PS: to those who say "shutup on life just talk loop"... I mean, come on... whether you live in the US or not, it's a big world issue, and we are all still humans, not just music makers.  If it keeps dragging on day after day okay, yeah, guys... but the day after it happens?  Is deleting emails so hard?  If so, then get on gmail, any topics you don't like just stay grouped together into one email so you don't get constantly harassed.

Oh, it's so AWFUL in the US huh?  Like I said many times since moving to the UK, every American should have the chance to be deprived of his liberties and freedoms, by the simple act of living outside the US.